DAIRY SHORTHORN ASSOCIATION of AUSTRALIA INC. A20033R
Society Secretary Wendy McInnerney Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Valerie Hornbuckle Email: email@example.com
Bulletin Board, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Producers of high quality protein milk
- Able to produce a quality calf annually
- Long living and of good temperament
- Easy calvers
- Dairy Shorthorn cows are still being milked commercially in many herds
- Because of their blending ability with other red dairy breeds and the high protein quality of milk produced they could be a big plus in your herd.
- With careful selection they will also add size and scale.
- As one of the oldest British breeds Dairy Shorthorn bulls are ideal to cross with other British and Continental females.
- By adding milk to the herd without losing size or scale this quality is still one of their greatest assets.
- Many Dairy Shorthorn bulls weigh in excess of 1000kg
- Crossing well with dairy breeds the females make excellent mothers, while the steers are more than comparable with other dairy crosses.
THE MOTHERING BREED
- Producers of top quality calves, whether straight bred or in a cross breeding enterprise, Dairy Shorthorn cows will add quality milk and ease of calving to your herd.
- Add this to their temperament and mothering ability and they are a natural choice.
- If looking to enter the industry, make them your choice.